There is so much to do at Exploration Acres. Once you arrive you can test your skill at a pedal cart, fire a corn cannon salute or dive into a mound of straw. Rent a fire pit and spend the whole day with family and friends. It’s the best way to enjoy a crisp autumn afternoon exploring our 18-acre maze. Whether you are a toddler, a grandparent, or someone in between, we’ve got acres of fun for you!
Preparing for Your Visit
• Service dogs are the only pets allowed.
• Check the weather radar before coming to the farm. We post closures on our Exploration Acres Facebook page.
• Wear comfortable shoes that you don’t mind getting muddy – with over 9 miles of paths you will want to be as comfortable as possible.
• Bring a stroller or wagon for small children – larger wheel strollers are best for maneuvering through the maze. Wagons are available free of charge if you forget yours.
• Pack some water and snacks. If you forget, our Country Store has food and snacks for sale.
• Consider reserving a fire pit with a picnic table. They are just $20 and we supply the wood.
• Bring bug spray – just in case the mosquitos are out.
• Bring a flashlight – to explore the maze at night. If you forget, we have some for sale.
• Safeguard your valuables before entering the farm. They may be impossible to find if you loose them. Lost and found is at the admission booth.
• Bring your phone. You may need it to call our help hotline if you get lost in the maze. (765) 296-2863
Closures and Rain Delays
We plan to be open all scheduled days and hours during our season. Sometimes we must close due to the weather. Our customer’s safety is our highest priority. If the maze is too muddy or other hazards make the farm unsafe, we will make the call to close. Closures and updates are posted on the Exploration Acres Facebook post.
If we must close, we will give you a free pass to return at another time of your choice during the season. Free passes are offered to customers who have been at the farm less than 1.5 hrs. We do not offer refunds.